Saturday 6 September 2014

Drive into the Mountains

The drive up to Radium Hot Springs (isn't that where Cars is set) was uneventful bar the amazing scenery which we would stop and enjoy several times during the drive. It gave me a chance to play with the panorama mode on the camera a bit more. Just a shame it sounds like a machine gun when its running.






We finished the day with a stop at Canadian Coffee Institution Tim Hortons. These are everywhere in Canada and not being a coffee drinker I'm not sure what the fuss is about. I can only assume it's the convenience and not the quality of the coffee that makes people like this place. When I got back to the UK I read a story saying that they're going to merge with Burger King, which will put me off them even more.

The next morning we begun the drive to Calgary, the first leg that would have finishing in Edmonton (a very tight day indeed). Upon entering the national park we soon had to stop as the local mountain goat gang were out patrolling. Once out of the way we continued. We were hoping to find beavers, mooses and bears on the trip - we failed but this was pretty cool.


Numa Creek gave us an opportunity to get closer to the river. 

A rather tame crow was quite happy for me to get close. 

I'm wondering if this and that atrocious song were named after the same thing?

Maya Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Maya Heeeeeeeeeeeeee



Anyway it was a nice brief stop off and I did have a little wade out onto the rocks, fortunately not slipping. Tal still thinks we're in Japan :)

Loving the Canada scenery. But onto Calgary.

No comments:

Post a Comment