Saturday 6 September 2014

Ground Kontrol

Located a short walk from our hotel on NW Couch St is Ground Kontrol a retro arcade and pinball hall. I found out about this place via the website reddit when someone posted a picture of the toilets.

According to wikipedia it's one of the best arcade halls in the US.

Upstairs they have a collection of around 30 pinball tables. 

Thomas is a big pinball fan and with the music playing the likes of Pantera and Metallica very loudly he was in his element.

Even Tal settled in enough to take part.



I'm not a huge pinball fan but with games like Track and Field, Donkey Kong and Bubble Bobble I was more than happy to get rid of the quarters I had accumulated so far on the trip. It was just a shame I was very rusty at playing them. I used to be able to get the world record on the hurdles in track and field but didn't make it that far this time, and as for Bubble Bobble, which I played loads as a kid I think I made it to level 10 - very poor!

I also spent quite a bit of cash playing this one. BIG MONEY!! BIG PRIZES!!


Here are the toilets, so cool! What is the ghost looking at?

A view from the balcony looking down.

Ground Kontrol was great and we despite the loud sound levels we spent quite a bit of time in here. This is definitely a must do if you're in Portland and a video game fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment